Friday 11 January 2013

Winter Months...

Having not put any posts all winter, I thought id start one and get the kayak all sorted for the summer, hopefully after learning a lot last year, I can get even better results!
I have been out this winter however, but not had anything worth reporting with just Dogfish, Bullhuss, Pouting and Poor Cod being caught.

I will over the next couple weeks be adding how i have rigged my entire kayak, including my new piece of kit that will be getting fixed to the kayak soon....

A GoPro camera to do some recording while out on the water, it is on a set of rotating balls (RAM mounts) so that i can tilt it to film underwater, how amazing it would be to film a Bass hitting a lure this year.

I had to order the components in from America as nowhere in the UK stocked something I needed. They are from www.yakattack.us. I order two dog and bones and the double socket connecters as seen in the pictures below.

So here it is extended and collapsed:
Then I thought I would experiment with camera angles by using the ram mount for my RAM rod tubes. Here are a few experimental pictures I took, with the GoPro itself and another camera. I think i will need to adjust it for the future to exclude the camera rod/bars to be out of the camera view.


Then the underwater angle...


No comments:

Post a Comment