Tuesday 1 May 2012

A New Story Begins

After around 6 months kayak fishing on what could only be described as a beginners attempt at rigging a fishing kayak, I have decided to invest in an Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.7.
The main reasons for this was the more and more I learnt about the possibilities of kayak fishing, the more space and gadgets I needed to put on the kayak. Having previously owned a Perception Freedom, the possible modifications were very limited compared to my new Ultra 4.7.
I was also very suprised at how well I did in terms of catches compared to my shore fishing record. I wouldn't say I was anywhere near the best shore angler in the world but I would say I was far from the worst. My first trip back in 2011 produced Mackerel, Scad, Dogfish, Pollack, Pout, Corkwing and Ballan Wrasse, so already I started to realise the potential from a kayak. Coupled with reading articles on the internet of 200lb Common Skate, big Congers, Marlin and Sharks from kayaks, I was well and truely hooked!
As spring arrived in 2012, I had already caught a 10lb Bullhuss, Herring, Launce, Thornback Rays, Dab and bags of Plaice! It seemed every session produced something better than 10 shore sessions! This is when I wanted to go further and fish for longer, so the decision was made... ''I need a better kayak.''

In this blog I will document my fishing trips, kayak modifications and anything else I think may help someone in the future. So watch this space and email me any questions you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment